The information here is presented for educational and informational purposes.
- Reiki training and Master/ Teacher certification in the Blue Springs, (suburb of Kansas City) MO in the 1990's and have been actively using and applying it ever since.
- Spiritual Ministry and Doctor of Divinity from the Universal Ministries in 2002
- Myofascial Release (MFR) under the direction of John F. Barnes; MFR I, II and III basic techniques, MFR cervical & thoracic techniques, MFR Rebounding, MFR Unwinding, MFR Fascial / Pelvis, and Skills Enhancement Seminar at his Therapy on the Rocks facility in Sedona AZ.
- Certified in the Ingham Method of Reflexology from the International Institute of Reflexology; Recertification required every 2 years
- The clinical application training of essential oils - Aroma Therapy; doTERRA Aroma Touch.
- Studied Feather Tapping under Balance Toe & Tai Christensen
- I have acquired a significant number of hours of clinical application of each of these techniques over the years that I have been in business. (since 2013)
- I have a significant number of CEUs in these and supportive areas and accrue more every year. See my certifications page
I am not a doctor. I do not diagnose, treat, or cure any dis-ease. I provide REIKI, MFR, reflexology, aromatherapy, essential oils, and natural health remedies, or integrated healthcare options to be used in conjunction with your choice of medical practices. I am not a massage therapist as defined by the AMTA - American Massage Therapy Association or many states. However, many customers consider MFR, aromatherapy, and reflexology applications to be similar to a massage. Check the FAQ page for the differences between massage and reflexology and MFR.
When I was a small child, I had a life-threatening reaction to a shot of penicillin. Over my lifetime I continued to have adverse, life-threatening, reactions to many of the normal drugs used in everyday treatments of everyday conditions. Many years ago, in the early 1980s, I took control of my health and wellness. I became interested in WHOLISTIC, or Complimentary and Integrative healthcare options in order to maintain and support my health and fight dis-ease.
What is "dis-ease"? Early on in my training, I was introduced to the fact that disease was actually a "lack of ease" or
dis-ease within the body. This "lack of ease" could be caused by physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, or any combination of these reasons. The goal of reflexology, aromatherapy, Reiki, and Feather Tapping are to return the body to it's natural, healthy state - or "state of ease" which allows the body to "heal itself". This state is Homeostasis.
What is WHOLISTIC healthcare? It is a treatment that considers all factors, including allopathic/western remedies when treating an illness or dis-ease. Taking into account all of one's physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social conditions during the session. Wholistic care considers for example that the cold is the cure - in that the cold is the body's way of eliminating germs, viruses, bacteria from the body. While I am not proposing that you share your cough or sneeze with your neighbors, I am suggesting that you consider alternative ways, other than suppressing it with pharmaceuticals, go green and consider alternative natural ways, to eliminate the germs from your body. For example, humidifiers, essential oils that target viruses and bacteria.
These are defined or referred to as non-traditional remedies as viewed from western or allopathic treatment assessments. Previously the term "alternative" medicine was used in the US, but as many of these modalities have been used for centuries and are again gaining acceptance, the term "complementary medicine" or "integrative healthcare" has also gained acceptance. The practice of reflexology and aromatherapy date back to at least Egyptian times.
My studies and research of various types of modalities, include Reiki, Reflexology, Yoga, Time-Line Therapy, NLP - Neurolinguistic Programming, Muscle Testing, Aroma Therapy, Essential oils, Qi-gong, Iridology, color therapy, meditation, acupuncture, chiropractic, and bio-feedback just to name a few.